RE: No brakes

To: "'James Pickard'" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: No brakes
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:04:13 -0500
Jim
        The first suspect is the brake booster; the 2nd is the rear wheels.
You need to do a complete brake check to find out where the fluid is going.

        It is a good practice to always do a safety check before driving any
vintage car.   You should check the brakes by pumping them, check for brake
lights, pump the clutch pedal, check fluid levels, check the turn signals,
driving lights and headlights.   If anything is not working or does not seem
right; fix it before driving.

         I also recommend you check the complete brake system at least once
per year and always before taking a long trip to a United or car show; its
just good safety practice.   This is also a good practice for your daily
driver; I check the brakes on my daily driver twice per year usually in the
spring and fall.

Ron Fraser