Re: Windshield Wiper Question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield Wiper Question
From: Larry Allbritton <larryall@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 10:54:11 -0700 (PDT)
After I installed my new windshield and rubber I wanted no more streaks or
scratches from the wipers so I replaced them and bent them and did all of the
usual tweaking with them but still get large gaps of no contact with the glass.
At speed I notice the wiper arms, when at rest, tend to rise off of the
windshield and I believe that may be due to weak springs.  If the spring is
weak then I don't think it will "pull" the wiper down into contact properly.
Anyone have experience with spring tension specs and replacement of these
springs?