re: That Phrase again

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: re: That Phrase again
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 07:23:41 -0400
I agree 100 percent with Theo's last post.

Few of us were fortunate enough to get our cars in totally stock condition.
Tigers are not paintings to be hung on the wall; they're meant to be driven
and enjoyed, and a lot of beneficial products and advice from owners has
surfaced
since the Rootes engineers had their way with the the Shelby prototype.

And on the subject of Shelby, I'd love to see everyone stop referring to the
Tiger as an unloved Shelby stepchild. What nonsense. It's NOT a Shelby. It's
a very good Sunbeam.

On the subject of overpaying, $59,000 plus seems like a lot of coin to pay even
for a Mark 2. But, we presently live in a world where a fine Alpine V goes for
$13,000 and a fine Harrington LeMans sells for $26,000, and just the Book of
Norman is selling for in the range of $800 and $1,100.