Paint Question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint Question
From: "Phil Stafford" <sunbeamtiger_65@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:40:22 -0700
All,

I have seen multiple threads about matching Rootes paint codes to modern
paint suppliers, but I don't think this question has been answered before.

I have a stock white (code#92) 1965 Tiger and I would like to do some touch
up/detailing in the engine compartment but don't want to rip the entire
engine bay apart to repaint it from scratch (at the moment anyway). I am
wondering if anyone with a white Rootes/Alpine/Tiger has had any success
locating a "rattle can" version of white paint that comes "close enough" to
matching the stock white color. Can anyone give me some advice of which
brand I should seek or a paint supplier that can bottle up matching paint in
aerosol cans. I found that a supplier in England has already done this for
the Rootes cars, but they can not ship aerosol cans overseas.

Thoughts and advice welcome please!
Phil
B9470240