Spam and Spammers

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Spam and Spammers
From: Gary Crandall <maliburevue@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:13:16 -0700 (PDT)
When it comes to Spam and Spammers, I would like to add my 2 cents worth.

  Whenver you or anyone else sends out mass emailings, always put all the email
addresses in the 'bcc' section (blind carbon copy), NOT the 'to' section. That
way every recipient in the "bcc" section gets their own email without any other
addresses attached to it and cannot see who else you send it to. People blindly
forward these emails and along with them goes everyone's email address in the
'to' section, whether they wanted it to or not. This means that your email
address gets sent to people you don't even know. When the email accidently gets
to a spammer, they now have a gazillion confirmed email addresses which to send
their crap to. Haven't you always wondered how they got your personal
address??? "But I only email my friends"...and their friends...and their
friends...and ...Now you know!!! That could be how the Tiger List got on some
Spammer's email hit list.

  Also, when you forward emails, strip off any email addresses in the body of
the text message. When I send out emails to more than one person, I will
address it to either myself or a bogus name in the "to" section and put the
other email addresses in the "bcc" section. I then just delete the email to
myself or delete the "failed to send" notice for the bogus email address.

  Lastly, this is how internet predators get childrens' email addresses. They
just watch for one of those kids' chain letters, because it's obvious that
children are forwarding them with all their friends' addresses in the 'to'
section. The predators don't even have to leave the house and kids all over the
country send them their email address without even knowing it. Yikes!!!

Sneak preview the  all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just
radically better.