Re: gas tank

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: gas tank
From: "Ross" <phulse@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 12:18:29 -0700
Brian & Steve,

The cap was manufactured by a company named Ceandess LTD which started out 75
years ago specializing in automobile gas caps.  Housed inside of the raised
section of the cap is a valve, which seals against loss of vapors to the
outside but when fuel is consumed and a partial vacuum begins to occur the
valve will release inward allowing atmospheric pressure to equalize the tank.

If your tank is near full and rests for days in a hot garage some pressure
will build.  This is not a problem and you should ignore it.  When you are
near empty there is enough volume of compressible gas that the evaporation
pressure will be very low to not even noticeable.

Brian check out the page link below

http://mysite.verizon.net/phulse/id18.html

Philip "Commodore Blues" Hulse