Re: Motor mounts

To: Scott Hutchinson <shutchin@netjets.com>
Subject: Re: Motor mounts
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 12:46:24 -0700
Scott (and Tigers),

No need to sweat original Tiger part numbers.  Both the Rootes (and
Ford, etc.) part numbers are in the TigersUnited.com "Rootes Parts List"
under "See Rootes Resources":

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_rs260/FactParts.asp

Select all 87 .pdf pages, or just the section you want to read.  Free
Adobe Acrobat reader application is linked on that page, as well.

Ron Fraser is correct, as usual, and so is the advice by John
(Carmods@AOL.com).

It should be noted that there is a stainless steel heat shield to
protect the rubber from manifold heat.

Some owners have added a large, thick washer between the motor mount and
the frame bracket.  This alters the engine tilt by lifting the front,
usually done to reposition an after market  fan to prevent shroud
scrapping.  I use a Ford 6 blade Canadian fan that was resized to the
original fan diameter, so it was not needed.  If you do use washers, be
careful of shroud clearance under engine torque and road movements of
the engine to shroud clearances.  Makes an AWFUL racket, until the fan
is resized, or what it is hitting.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman