RE: Thoughts on undercoating a Tiger

To: <GRMTim@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Thoughts on undercoating a Tiger
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:40:59 -0400
Tim
        It's your car and your in the drivers seat, in more ways than one,
for fit and finish.

I believe color or undercoating is acceptable.  My Tiger has undercoating
but the Alpine parts car does not.

Currently a number of restorers are using truck bed liner material for
undercoating and some of those products can be tinted so you could have both
color and protection in one.  I also believe you can paint color over these
products but you would need to check on that.

I have used Dupli-color Truck bed coating on other vehicles and I have found
it to be easy to apply with a nice finish from smooth to rough depending on
how it is applied and it seems to be very durable too.

Ron Fraser