RE: Thoughts on undercoating a Tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Thoughts on undercoating a Tiger
From: "Jim D'Amelio" <jimdamelio@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:59:50 -0400
With my car on a rotisserie, I used a 1200 watt hair blower with a putty
knife and screwdriver.  I tried the torch route, but didn't like burning
myself. The residue cleaned up easily with paint thinner and a rag.  If you
don't scrape to hard, it's amazing how much of the original primer stays
behind.  That stuff was tuff.  It took me a good part of a week working a
couple of hours a night.  It's a messy jobs and one best done on cold winter
nights.  Wouldn't want to do it lying on my back.

Jim D