Re: New oil formulations and failing Cams

To: Curt <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>
Subject: Re: New oil formulations and failing Cams
From: Larry Paulick <lpaulick@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:20:20 -0400
The Mercedes AMG engines, are assembled using Mobil 1, then sent to the
dyno, where they must meet max hp and torque specs.

The tolerance specs for these AMG engines are very tight, and the cost
of the engine is high, so this is a severe test, in more than one way.

This is also really tough on a lubricant, considering that the old
method is to break it in with a dino oil, then change, and run at less
than max rpm for some time.

The change intervals are around 12,000 miles, which is measured by
sensors that measure speed, temp, length of trip, rpm, and others that
slip my memory.

I have always been happy with Mobil 1, especially for the Tiger, which
sits for longer than it should, as it has superior features.

Larry