Re: New oil formulations and failing Cams

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>, Curt <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>
Subject: Re: New oil formulations and failing Cams
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 8:17:29 -0500
Hey, guys:

All this talk about the lack of specific additives in the new motor oil has me
a bit worried.  I vintage race a Series I Alpine and I've just built a brand
new 1600 for it that has yet to be fired or broken in.  In the old motor I ran
Mobil 1 and, even though I had an engine failure, it was not oil-related.

My question for the group now is should I abandon Mobil 1 and run this Shell
Rotella T consistently instead?  What about break-in oil, Shell or Mobil?  I
sure don't want to waste a brand new 1600!  What do you all think?

Thanks,
Andy Walker
B382001600LRXFE Tiger Mk1A
B9006857LRX Alpine Series I