Re: Stolen car

To: CoolVT@aol.com, Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stolen car
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:07:33 -0800
Mark,

I do not know what the DMV, or police department, enforcing state
vehicle laws do in your state.

However, things are not that simple in California.  It is common
practice to electronically search registration information at any stop.
They check your sealed, anti- counterfeit prepared and photographed
drivers License,  they check your vehicle license for outstanding
"wants" and "warrants", they double check your current state of
liability insurance.  Routine.

Now, just show them and "altered", or unreadable VIN and you Go Directly
to Jail and don't collect $200.  They even have laws about replacing
original VIN rivets!!!  Heck, you owe that to them for lack of current
year license plate tag, parking in a red zone, driving while under the
influence of a cell phone, and getting caught for running a video
monitored intersection for entering on a red light.  Anything really
serious or suspect, you tell the judge about it.  Maybe they will accept
bail, probably not.  Another good revenue source.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com