The car that was driving me crazy

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: The car that was driving me crazy
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:44:53 EDT
I wrote a few weeks back on my Tiger that was acting up.  I  think we all
realized that it had to be either ignition or fuel. Since I have a  Petronix
ignition I called them.  I was told that normally I wouldn't get  the symptoms
that I described with a bad Petronix....sometimes working and other  times not.

I was told that the igniter either worked or it didn't.   If the coil was
weak, it could act up when warm, but that I should be able to  recreate that
symptom just by idling the car for 1/2 hour or so. It idled with  no problems
so,
based on what Petronix tech told me, I assumed it was fuel as  some listers had
suggested.
I finally had time today to get it on the  lift and for the  first time I
found flakes in the transparent fuel filter that I have between the  tanks and
the pump. So, I am going under the assumption that this was causing  the
problem.
Now the questions are:  in little ole Vermont there won't be  the choices of
shops to fool with tanks like there is on the left coast.   Would a radiator
shop be someone to visit if I can't find a tank  shop?
Next, after the interior is cleaned should it be coated with  something or
left bare? If coated...use what?
Anything else needed with the tanks?  Should the metal 1 1/2"  crossover
lines also be cleaned and coated with the tanks?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Mark L.