Re: The car that was driving me crazy

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The car that was driving me crazy
From: <wseay@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:54:50 -0400
Mark,

Most shops that do engine rebuilds, etc have the facilities to boil out a
tank.  Just make sure that you examine the inside of the tank when you get
it back to see that they got all the old coating and stuff out.  I had to go
through a couple iterations a few years ago when I had my tanks done.  The
older the tank, the easier it is to clean it out.  If your tanks are
original, one iteration should do it.  I used a coating that Eastwood sells.
to prepare the tank, you have to put shot pellets in it and agitate to get
the shot to break off any remaining coating/flakes, etc.  Securing a tank
inside of a clothes drier and running for an hour or so might be a neat way
to automate this.  I did it the hard way. After that, do a final cleaning
with acetone and pour in Eastwood's stuff.  It's white so it's easy to see
what's coated and what's not.  Doing the inside of the crossover pipe sounds
like a good idea to me too.

Good luck..

Will Seay - B382001570