Re: [Tigers] Tiger Magazine Article

To: CoolVT@aol.com, RMEbstein@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Magazine Article
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 17:42:00 EDT
In a message dated 8/8/2007 2:20:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
CoolVT@aol.com writes:

I've  always thought, regardless of the styling, if Tigers had been  shipped
from Rootes to Shelby's plant for just a few touches (could be
anything)....
And then stick a Shelby plate under the hood like  other  Shelby cars.....
then
it would be considered to be a "Shelby"  and would  make all the difference
in
the world in  pricing.

I would agree that a clearer connection with Shelby would increase  value.

The other thing holding the Tiger back is the lack of any significant  racing
success at, say, a FIA type level. The Tiger had a couple of decent  seasons
in International rallying and one "almost" year in SCCA, but other than  that,
doesn't have that big competition history which can be very helpful in
creating a larger following in the collector market.

Most people seem to find the styling pleasing, or at least inoffensive, but
I guess the similarity with the Alpine, as the press at that time pointed out,
 wasn't helpful for branding the car as something "special".

Of course, the positive trade off is that Tigers continue to be relatively
affordable and, as such, represent great "bang for the  buck"...