Re: [Tigers] Tiger Magazine Article

To: owain.lloyd@gmail.com, atwittsend@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Magazine Article
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 18:49:38 EDT
Which speaks to the first posters point, which was:

...if Tigers had been  shipped from Rootes to Shelby's plant for  just a few
touches (could be  anything)....
And then stick a  Shelby plate under the hood like other  Shelby cars.....
then
it would  be considered to be a "Shelby" and would  make all the difference
in
the world in pricing...

I don't think anyone is arguing that the Tiger was, or is, a "Shelby", just
that if Shelby's involvement had been more than initial feasibility and
engineering work, the car would be perceived differently in the collector
community and worth more money.

The bottom line is that there are a number of characteristics which make
some collector cars worth more than others, including outstanding styling,
competition success, innovation, initial cost/quality, initial
popularity/nostalgia etc., and the Tiger just doesn't hit on enough of those
"cylinders" to be
super high on the collector's radar screen....which,  personally, I have no
problem with!

In a message dated 8/8/2007 3:35:16 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,