Re: [Tigers] Bonneville World Finals Meet

To: rpalmerbob@roadrunner.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Bonneville World Finals Meet
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:08:51 -0600
Mayf, it's good to hear you came through without any major problems. I
followed the posted results and was pretty dismayed when the result for
Wednesday included "spin" in the comments behind your run.
Congratulations on getting some great runs in and keeping it together
enough to take it home in one piece.

I hadn't considered the inability to go over 5200 strictly as a power
related thing but in retrospect, Bob might very well be right. The power
required to run at any speed goes up as the cube of speed... so unless
your torque curve goes up very steeply in the area of 5200 RPM, you
might just be hitting a brick wall there. Even if you have a tiny blip
in the torque curve at any point near there it may make it impossible to
get over the hump and keep accelerating. If you did datalogging of your
speed in lower gears, then you should chart your acceleration around the
5200 RPM mark in first/second and see if there was any change in
acceleration around there, it might indicate that you can do a bit of
tuning to improve things.

Theo