[Tigers] HSC Tiger, wheel issue

To: awtiger@cox.net, tigers@autox.team.net, CoolVT@aol.com, Ross
Subject: [Tigers] HSC Tiger, wheel issue
From: Bill Martin <tigerfixer@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:30:59 -0700 (PDT)
 Hey Guys,
 The original wheels which are on the car in the
 photo shoot in Classic Motorsports where cast by
 a small foundry in Burbank, CA for Doane, HSC
 is cast on the back of each wheel. They are 1 piece,
 13 x 7 and we got 9 of them with the car. The wheels
 used at Monterey are the reproductions and are 3
 piece. This is the original Hollywood Sport Cars
Tiger
 not a version of it. It is chassis # B9470048 and is
 very well documented. Phil Shmidt of P&S Engineering
 reproduced the 4 hole kidney been wheel at one time
 don't know if he will still do them. The closest
 looking wheel is the Seabring wheel which was used on
 cobras and some corvettes of the day. They look
 like the American racing salt flat wheels. If you
want
 the look in a five hole wheel you will probably have
 to go 5 lug on your Tiger. The Hollywood wheels have
 a PCD of 5 on 5 for the knock off. The front hubs on
 the car are the originals that Doane fabricated, the
 rears we re-did because the rearend was still
 damaged from the 1965 ARRC. I will be happy to answer
 any questions on the restoration of the car just drop
 me an email. John Webber wrote a great article on the
 car if you havent already read it.
 Bill Martin
http://mail.yahoo.com