Re: [Tigers] Any truth to this commotion thing?

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Any truth to this commotion thing?
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:15:48 -0700
Around here you don't see Tigers (or any Sunbeam, for that matter) on
the street very often. Last one I saw was Jim Foster's V8 Alpine, a
couple of months ago. Most often people's response to the statement "I
drive a Tiger" is one of:
- a what?
- Is that a kit car?
- That has the Chrysler V8 right?
- I knew a (friend/friend of a friend/other 3rd removed relation) who
had one!

So, yeah, people get excited, but not necessarily for the right reasons.
What is interesting is that the Tiger managed to make an indelible
imprint on many people's memories, even if they were not car
enthusiasts.

Theo