Re: [Tigers] Any truth to this commotion thing?

To: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Any truth to this commotion thing?
From: "Tiger Man" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 22:14:11 -0600
> Theo wrote  >>>- I knew a (friend/friend of a friend/other 3rd removed
> relation) who had one!<<<

I think my favorite one of these stories is the guy who came up while I was
stopped in a bank parking lot putting the top up, who rolled down his
passenger window, and started talking to me how he use to have an alpine,
and always wanted a tiger, and tell me about all the great times he had in
that car... of course the reason I was pulled over in the bank parking lot
was that I got caught in one of those freak Colorado microburst rain storms
and was getting drenched by the second without a jacket, and if I didn't get
the top up soon, the tiger was going to become a Uboat soon.

Of course the guy wanted to talk to me, and wanted me to tell stories too,
but he didn't bother to get out of his car and get wet.  And I am thinking,
if you owned an alpine, you know that this isn't as simple as pressing the
'up' button to get the top up, and he could have gotten out and helped me
get it up faster so I didn't get so wet in the process.

Anyway, I managed to get the top up while the parking lot was practically a
flash flood site and he still wanted to talk to me.  But I was drenched and
just wanted to get the car home.

BTW 5 blocks later, it wasn't raining anymore.

Steve