Re: [Tigers] Obscure Licence Plate Frames (Off Topic)

To: "Alvin Johnson" <twojohnsons@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Obscure Licence Plate Frames (Off Topic)
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 06:08:02 -0800
At 05:14 AM 11/30/2007, you wrote:
>I recently got a photo in the mail from the Providence Police Department
>showing me, top down, running a red light. Along with it came a ticket for
>$60.
>I realize our capitol city is in dire need of funds to educate all those
>children of the illegals, and I love to help ,but this automated justice seems
>unfair & just pisses me off.
>     I recall reading about a plastic licence plate frame lens that obscures
>the numbers for photos. Does anyone have any info on where to get one of
>these?

The west coast TV show called Mythbusters did series on most of the
common ways to defeat the traffic cameras.  None of the methods was
able to fool the technology of the camera manufacturers that have
invested heavily in getting clear numbers and letters on your license
plate.  Remember, they share in the revenue, so they try harder.

In Australia, they have speed cameras in unmarked cars parked along
the road.  Some drivers have gone on a trip and come home to several
tickets in the mail and lost their drivers license.  Count your
blessings and drive safely.

Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC
www.tigerengineering.net