Re: [Tigers] Obscure Licence Plate Frames (Off Topic)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Obscure Licence Plate Frames (Off Topic)
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:13:43 -0800
A properly hinged plate and a solenoid would do wonders to putting the plate
in the horizontal position. If asked just stated that it's there to prevent
damage to the plate when entering driveway aprons. Then smile and say, "that
way the plate won't be damaged and unreadable should I get caught by a red
light  camera." :-)

 I am in no way way advocating unsafe driving. However there are lights in
my area (55 MPH road with 6 traffic lights over the course of a mile) where
the instant they turn yellow you have two options:
1. Slam on the brakes hoping your car's braking distance is optimal, AND
that the guy behind you is faster and more efficient in braking.
or
2. Hit the gas and hope your horsepower actually become a safety factor.

Once you get the front proto-type built you can work on the back, because I
here they can have cameras from both sides now (which could make a tailgater
your friend). Well..., that is unless the tailgater doesn't meet the
criteria of point #1 above.

Tom