Re: [Tigers] Oil adapter gasket

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil adapter gasket
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:03:53 -0800
Jim,

The Rootes Parts Manual, for the Tiger, list the oil filter gasket as
_part_ of the packaged oil filter, Rootes part number 6100448. The
corresponding Ford Part Number is C1AZ-6731-A.  This can be found on the
complete PDF Rootes Tiger parts list, which does NOT list the applicable
Alpine parts used on the Tiger.  This is the same list as the dealer's
parts department used.  It is available in PDF form as either the
complete manual, or individual sections at:
http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_rs260/FactParts.asp

For practicality, this Filter is full size, not the "shorty" and a
highly rated SVO Motorsports filter is FL1-A. for the original oil
filter, front engine mounted.

-or-

I have personally changed to a Motorsports M-6880-A50 right angle
adapter. For this adapter. Details are available on TigersUnited.com:

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/Dealer_Accessories/mp-FilterAdapter1.asp
available from Ford Dealers or large auto parts stores carrying the
Motorsports line.

Steve.

___
Steve Laifman