[Tigers] Period Sunbeam Race photos

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Period Sunbeam Race photos
From: Steven silverstein <milano164@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:37:20 -0500
I thought these links to John Wilson's photos might be of interest to
some of you. John Wilson is a Motorsport photographer on the west
coast. Unfortunately, there were no captions so I tried to identify
the drivers/cars I could;

http://homepage.mac.com/johnwilson19...eam/index.html

1 - #50 Ken Miles in a Tiger
2 through 12 - #66 Art Firms.
13 - #49 possibly Roger Enade's Alpine
14 +15 - #45 Lew Spencer in the yellow Shelby Tiger
16 - #73 Tiger... not sure
17 through 22 - #55 Jim Adams in the Hollywood Sport Car Tiger
23-24 - unknown
25-34 - Ron Dykes in the Hollywood Sport Car Tiger
35 - #54 Serge May in the Series 3
36 - #14 The Bob Richman Alpine possibly driven by Jim Adams, D.
Jordan or Steve Froines (or any other driver that ran the car)
37 - #44 Orange Alpine is a Sebring Alpine driven by ? (Denny
Harrison? Maybe George Cheyne? BTW< this is the old Proctor/Harper
Sebring car. Now owned by Andrew Martin)
38 - #184 Unkown - could this be the Hollywood Sports Car Alpine????
Windscreen sort of looks right...
39 - #66 Sereis II, "Behler". He ran the ARRC in 1968 but was suppose
to race an Alfa.
40 - #66 Tommy Elliot driving the "Visalia Dodge Boy's" Alpine (this
is the car I own today)
41 - #66 Tommy Elliot driving the "Visalia Dodge Boy's" Alpine
42 - #54 Serge May, #14 is the Bob Richman Alpine
43 - #54 Serge May

http://homepage.mac.com/johnwilson19...ine/index.html (mostly Alpine
photos here, some duplicates from the link posted above)

1 - Don Sansanac in #67 and William Rushton in #69 (I think Don's car
was in Herbie the Love Bug... as a side note)
2 - #44 Orange Alpine is Denny Harrison or maybe George Cheyne
3 - #69 William Rushton
4 - #122 leading is the old 1962 Sebring Car
5 - #184 not sure... might be the old Hollywood Sports Car Alpine
6- #66 Behler at the 1968 ARRC
7 - #66 Tommy Elliot
8- #66 Tommy Elliot
9 - #66 Tommy Elliot
10 - #54 Serge May

It was really kind of John to pull these Sunbeam images from his
archives and post them to the internet. He sells these images, too.
http://www.vintagemotorsportphotogra...ARS/Categories
Hope you enjoyed them.