[Tigers] Vibrating Shifter

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Vibrating Shifter
From: Brent Edinger <banana111@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:22:00 -0800
Owain, I have experienced this before and it turned out that two of the little
dampening springs had flown out of the clutch disc and a few of the rivets
were sheared off. I found the springs laying in the bottom of the bellhousing.
The clutch disc is heavily abused in the Tiger.

                Brent Edinger B9471023

Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 17:30:29 +0000From: "Owain Lloyd"
<owain.lloyd@gmail.com>Subject: [Tigers] vibrating shifterTo: "tiger list"
<tigers@autox.team.net>Message-ID:<39a841b0802080930l7cde1234qa14e7495ad9887c
f@mail.gmail.com>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 i've noticed
that the high rpm rattle from my shifter is gettingworse. its particularly
irksome now that my front end is in bettershape and i can actually drive fast.
at 4000 rpm the rattleapproaches a deafening level so i think its high time i
deal with theissue. luckily there is a dead spot where the resonance seems to
calmdown at 81-82mph but i can't drive everywhere at 81mph :) given that the
vibration is damped if i hold tight or pull up on theshifter i'm thinking i
just need to rebuild the shift linkage. any tips on how to do this or a place
that sells new parts, kits? ihad a look at toploaderheaven but i'm not sure
the best route to take. as always any experience or opinions most welcome....
- owain.