[Tigers] One Hard-Knock Tip and One Request

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] One Hard-Knock Tip and One Request
From: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:15:47 -0500
I pulled the tanks out of B382000991 last night in preparation to have
them sealed. While not a difficult job, there is an art to getting them
out of the fender well recesses without scratching the hell out of them.
Anyway, I noticed a significant amount of liquid pooled in the low part
of the trunk floor under each tank directly behind each wheel well. I
thought it was just gas run-off from the bottoms of the tanks, but it
turned out that there was some water mixed in as well. The car has not
seen water since it was washed and put away for the winter in January.
Don't know how it got in there, but will investigate further. I saw that
there was a drain grommet at the bottom of each well, and after cleaning
them out with an ice pick, all the fluid dribbled out. Hence, the
hard-knock tip of the day:

Be sure all your body drain points are periodically cleaned, you never
know when you may spring a leak, water or gas.

Now for the request:

Has anyone on the list used the Gas Tank Renu process on their tanks?

http://www.gastankrenu.com

Seems like a good product but both the local franchise owners told me
they will need to cut a hole in each tank to get access. Also, I did not
get a warm feeling about their ability to coat the cross-over tubes.

These tanks were incorrectly coated many years ago and need to be
stripped completely. I've used the Creem system on motorbike tanks but
since I need the tanks boiled out anyway I am starting from scratch.

Any recommendations??

Thanks,

Bugz