Re: [Tigers] One Hard-Knock Tip and One Request

To: <DJoh797014@aol.com>, <CoolVT@aol.com>, <mark.rense@ge.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] One Hard-Knock Tip and One Request
From: "Ross" <ross_hulse@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 09:44:03 -0800
I used the POR 15 system.

I had the tanks boiled out at a local radiator shop.  I followed the
instructions for the POR 15 tank sealing system that I received to the
letter.  It was an easy job and done in 1 hour. I let the tanks dry per
instructions and 5 years later and 5500+ miles they still look like new
inside. I spent $40 the POR15 and $25 to have the tank and crossover boiled
out.  Oh yeah, and $2.49 for the Rustoleum rattle can paint job on the
exterior of the tanks.

Ross "Commodore Blues" Hulse

The water comes from condensation on the tanks when you put 'cold'  gas
into the tank when its warm outside.  Look at a glass with a cold  drink.
The drain holes are a quick check to see if the fender or quarter  panels
were replaced.  Most shops wouldn't take the time to drill the  holes.

ReNu just quoted me $250 with no guarantee.  In their dreams.  I  think
I'll go the Eastwood route and do them myself.  Does anyone have
experience with their process.

Doug Jennings also offers a tank coating service.

Dave