Re: [Tigers] One Hard-Knock Tip and One Request

To: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] One Hard-Knock Tip and One Request
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 09:37:51 -0700
I'd be leery of any place that didn't think that the existing 2" holes
for the rear crossover, and the filler hole on the right tank, and the
fuel sender hole on the left, were enough to get the coating in.

I had my tanks and crossover tubes cleaned and re-coated at a local rad
shop. I don't know the brand name but the coating is translucent red.

You're definitely right on the drains... if you get the car undercoated
(or if that has been done at any time) then it's worth while to go and
ream the drains out with a suitable sized pick or awl. Somehow water
will get in through the tiniest crevices, but won't drain unless the
hole is about 1/8" diameter or larger.

Theo