Re: [Tigers] Subaru Master Cyl.

To: <stubrennan@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Subaru Master Cyl.
From: "RObin Young" <robin02@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:04:37 -0400
 Stu,  I have a dual master on my car that was developed by Derrick White
while he was in Sri Lanka.  The part is from a Nissan Suni which is
exclusively sold in Europe and points east. It stops the car nicely and even
though it is not a ABS setup, I have never locked up the wheels with full
braking (everything else is standard).  It is a 5/8 bore so the pedal travel
is slightly greater and there is no problem with not using the booster.
Robin Young

-
On the Classic Motorsports site, Tim mentions replacing the original master
cylinder in his Tiger with a Subaru dual master.  He said he hadn't driven
his yet, but had driven another. As best as he could remember, the pedal
effort and travel didn't seem unreasonable.

Have any of you guys done this conversion?  How do the brakes feel vs the
stock booster setup?  What model Subaru, since they had a couple of
different master cyls. that year?  Does it make any difference which section
of the new master goes to the front or rear?

Thanks,

Stu