[Tigers] Engine removal

To: <tiger@missiongranite.com>
Subject: [Tigers] Engine removal
From: "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:07:11 -0400
Alan,

I pulled mine out the top with the trans attached. You need to remove
the water pump, lower crank pully and I used a winching strap wrapped
around the balancer and up over the crane arm. I had the chain through
either manifold bolts or with the carb lifting plate that bolts to the
intake. Tighten the strap to increase angle and loosen to decrease
angle. It worked awesome for me. I have picks for those that are
doubters that it can be done. I did NOT remove the rack or the exhaust
manifolds. For the install I had the headers laying in the bay and
dropped the engine back in with people holding each header.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Services Consultant

Akzo Nobel Coatings