[Tigers] Water Valve

To: The LIST Post <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Water Valve
From: Karl Adey <sunbeamkarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:33:05 -0400
Thanks everyone for the rapid responses to my question about the heater setup.
Last night i removed and disassembled the water valve.  I've read on the list
that the rubber diaphram is no longer available, so i'm happy to report that
mine is still in good condition.  I'm not sure that i'll be puting the same
valve back on the car (I may follow list advise about the honda valve).
however, i would like to store the diaphram properly.  How should i clean the
old coolant sediment off of it, and what should I coat it in to stop it from
drying out?  What should i coat it in if i'm going to refit it?
The lower housing to the valve was broken in a way that won't let it seal.  Is
anyone interested in parting with their valve, in entirety or just the lower
housing (the one with 'pipe' protruding from it)?
Once again, thanks for your rapid responses.
Karl
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_
realtime_042008