Re: [Tigers] Water Valve

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Water Valve
From: Larry Allbritton <larryall@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:51:55 -0700 (PDT)
I have to replace the drinking water filters every six months and silicone
grease the 'O' rings.
  I use a food grade silicone grease that is available in the water filter
section of Home Depot.

  Larry
  B9472723

  Message: 5
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:06:45 -0600
From: "Tigerman" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
To: "Karl Adey" <sunbeamkarl@hotmail.com>, "The LIST Post"
 <tigers@autox.team.net>

For treating rubber and silicone parts in scuba equipment, we always
 used
either a silicone spray or grease.

For the scuba stuff, you obviously needed food handler grade materials,

which was very pure.  I have noticed that many of the silicone sprays
 and
stuff in the automotive section tend to be silicone + some other stuff.

Never sure if the 'other stuff' would affect the ability to use it to
 treat
rubber.  I finally found a tube of silicone grease at Napa that I at
 least
convinced myself was okay for rubber parts, maybe someone else can
 recommend
a good silicone spray/grease that is safe for rubber.