Re: [Tigers] Water Valve

To: "Karl Adey" <sunbeamkarl@hotmail.com>, "The LIST Post"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Water Valve
From: "Tigerman" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:06:45 -0600
For treating rubber and silicone parts in scuba equipment, we always used
either a silicone spray or grease.

For the scuba stuff, you obviously needed food handler grade materials,
which was very pure.  I have noticed that many of the silicone sprays and
stuff in the automotive section tend to be silicone + some other stuff.
Never sure if the 'other stuff' would affect the ability to use it to treat
rubber.  I finally found a tube of silicone grease at Napa that I at least
convinced myself was okay for rubber parts, maybe someone else can recommend
a good silicone spray/grease that is safe for rubber.

Thanks,
Steve