[Tigers] Junkyard vacation (part 2)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Junkyard vacation (part 2)
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:37:31 EDT
After about 15 minutes of hiking and lugging the tool  bag I was
exhausted...the roads felt like they would never end. But, if you like  old
vehicles it's
almost like entering heaven. It feels like stepping back in  time 40 years.
The place is full of treasures. Absolutely no order to  anything....all brands
mixed together although the trucks seemed to be in  bunches in different
places.
I'm still not sure I saw every road. The place  really could use a map. I got
so winded hiking up the mountain and then through  the woods to look at this
vehicle and that vehicle that I decided to set my tool  bag down on the edge
of the road. I figured I'd come back and get it if I needed  tools. Big
mistake. It took me 20 minutes to find the tool bag later. I couldn't  find the
right
road. Anyway, I was like a kid in a candy store for 4 hours. Sun  out, warm
weather and all alone on the mountain with the old vehicles. I got 2
alternator brackets ($5 for the pair) and a few, small misc. things (no
charge).  And,
this long winded account does have a point......
There is a mail  delivery Jeep, right hand drive. The rear end is completely
intact. Guy  said he'd remove the whole rear end and put it in my truck for
$150. So, my  questions are....were all of these mail Jeep positraction usable
in a  Tiger? If not, what should I look for to identify it? Is this a decent
price?  Also a guy who worked "on the mountain" said he thought it was 4  wheel
drive. I didn't check that. If it is, would there possibly be a usable  posi
in the front too?
Thanks for bearing with me. For those of you who had  to sit behind a desk
today, don't worry. Your retirement days will come:-)
Mark

listings at AOL Autos.