Re: [Tigers] Register your Shelby!

To: <MWood24020@aol.com>, <gswaybright@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Register your Shelby!
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 20:35:21 -0700
Carroll Shelby happens to love hanging around Tiger owners. He's told that
to a number of people who have passed it on to me. One of those was his
wife, Cleo. Another was Cobra restorer and CAT member Mike McCluskey.

Carroll has told people that Tiger owners "aren't stuck-up like the Cobra
owners". As you probably know, there's an award that the STOA is not bashful
about handing out, their "Dumb___" Certificate. They've made sure to include
Carroll as a recipient several times and he's always roared with laughter.
He likes laughing and I get the idea that he'd rather laugh at himself in a
"Roast" type situation than be fawned over.

Don't get me wrong. I've heard Shelby stories from all sides. I'm just
adding that the Shelby's happen to like us. In fact I spoke with Cleo
earlier this week & she's planning on driving a Tiger up to Big Bear for TU.
I'm sure she'll be happy to answer any questions Tiger owners have about
"Team Shelby".

As far as "growing a member base for Team Shelby", neither the Shelby's nor
any of their employees have ever broached the subject of Tiger participation
in Team Shelby with me and they know of my association with Tigers and
membership in seveal Tiger clubs. "Team Shelby" personnel have approached
local chapters of SAAC but, to my knowledge, not Tiger clubs. I assume
Tigers are just off their radar, probably a nice place to be.

BTW, I haven't registered any of our Tigers.

Buck Trippel