Re: [Tigers] Register your Shelby!

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Register your Shelby!
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 10:59:38 -0700
Just to add a few cents more,

We attended numerous British Car Shows at a municipal park. When Carroll
was there for one he was signing all kinds of Tigers.  He was always
gracious, and friendly. I even joined SAAC, as well as the Tiger Clubs.

SAAC, recently, has come under fire by the Shelby Organization for some
"licensing" agreement "differences of opinion".  SAAC is not a profit
making organization, just a club of enthusiasts.  Don't know where this
stands today, but SAAC has maintained a list of owners of Shelby
associated vehicles, including the Tiger.

Noting that CAT, TE/AE, STOA and others maintain similar organizations,
and the valuable "TAC" activities of STOA are by unfunded volunteers. I
prefer this to any "sponsored" groups purely because of their independence.

It appears that "Team Shelby" would like to "own" the information.  I
suspect for commercial, or fund raising purposes. This is OK, provided
you understand that their goals may not always coincide with that of
their "members".  Who votes for the officers?  I don't know, but have
suspicions.

I have always been in favor of "Marque" organizations, all the way back
to the "Four Cylinder Club", and the "MG Car Club of America", in the
early 50's.  None were associated with the manufacturers, but were
purely for the enjoyment of the members and they're interests.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com