[Tigers] grounding theory

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] grounding theory
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:43:55 EDT
Both the temperature sending unit and the starter solenoid are  shown as
being grounded.  The question is how well do they have to be  grounded:-)  Will
using teflon tape on the threads of the sending unit  allow the thread to cut
through and still ground the unit?
I wasn't especially careful in scratching away paint at the base of  the
solenoid to ensure good contact nor was I careful in being sure that  the
washer
on the bolt was making good contact with bare metal to  attach the solenoid.
How well does this thing have to be  grounded?
I guess I am used to a picky electrical inspector  that insisted that the
paint be scraped down to the bare metal and the  metal threaded to ensure a
good
ground.
Mark