Re: [Tigers] grounding theory

To: CoolVT@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] grounding theory
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:14:25 -0700 (PDT)
Get an ohm meter and check it out, hit the intake manifold and the senders
ground, should tell all.
I think most of the systems are pretty tollerent,
but I'll bet your ground is better then you think. I have a substantial
grounding strap to block (bell housing bolt) from the chassis and to the
battery as I have always worried as well. But I think that when you look at
what it might be in the grand tollerance of the system it will not be off that
much. And cleaner connections are always better but sometimes difficult to
have. If your teflon tape is really insulating the sender you will find out as
your gauge won't work all that well depending on the sender type will read
cold or hot right off the bat due to the high resistance of the bad connection
(High ohm's).
Sandy