Re: [Tigers] DKW

To: <TIGEROOTES@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] DKW
From: "Mike Michels" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 00:28:13 -0700
I think you are referring to DAF, which was a Dutch carmaker, more recent
than DKW (which stood for Die Kleine Wunder or The Small Wonder) . DAF was
the original user of the Van Doorne belt-type Continuously Variable
Transmission. DAF also built some vehicles as a subcontractor for Volvo. I
had one when I lived in Germany and it was, to be kind, not very good.