Re: [Tigers] Holley Gasket Sealing

To: "Steve Sage" <fastsage@cox.net>, <TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Holley Gasket Sealing
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 22:57:19 -0700
Steve,

I had the bright idea of running the Holley Adjust A Jets in our SCF race
Tiger.

It worked fine on the dyno.

However, on the track the Adjust A Jet plates caused the engine to stall
under hard braking (i.e. every turn). As driver John Morton told me, "You
took something that didn't need fixing & fixed it & now it really needs
fixing."

So, while everyone else went to a dinner party, I was back at the track late
Saturday night swapping carbs & rejetting. That was the last time I messed
with those plates.

Which brings me to this question: Have you used these before in an
Autocross?

Buck Trippel