Re: [Tigers] Door and trunk locks

To: Duke Samouce <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>, maliburevue@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Door and trunk locks
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:52:01 -0700 (PDT)
Duke
Locking a Tiger might give you a better feeling but even w/ the hardtop on, it
wouldnt slow a thidf down.  Think about security that a normal thief wont know
about. Like a hidden switch for the fuel pump, battery disconnect and the
switch, removing the rotor button or removing a wire from the ballast
resistor.. Truth is a pro want your car- ITS GONE> But all the Beam events Ive
been to(none out west), security was excellent and I havent heard of anyone
having anything stlen, especially a car BUT truth is that anyone who knows much
about a Tiger could drive off in a few minutes, no matter what you do. Its not
far from the selinoid and the 12V it would take to hot wire it and jumper the
starter as well and one wire to the fuel pump and Im driving. So, if you cant
get keys made in time  and once apart you will see they arent that hard to
change the tumblers, you might think about other protective measures. My bet is
the United has aranged for security thru
 the host- not that make it a gurantee.
Have fun tho.
TTT