[Tigers] Another Tiger seam question

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Another Tiger seam question
From: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:31:08 -0400
In the course of my Tiger shopping I brought a car to Dale A to inspect for me.
He reccomended a pass. One of the reasons he pointed out (in addition to rust)
was it had some bad body work and he speciffically pointed to the front edge
bottom of the doors. He said there is supposed to be a seam running down
through the rockers to the bottom edge of the car that falls in line with the
forward edge of the doors. Some time passed and I attended Tigers United 31.
Remembering Dales comment I noticed several cars that looked great to me did
not have this seam. Dale later said in another conversation there are a "lot of
cars with bad bodywork".

Since then I have been told that Jenson originally filled that seam with lead
so early cars will not show a seam but latter ones will and both are correct. I
have a lot of faith in Dale and in the guy who explained the lead fill idea but
they seem to conflict. I don't have a  BON but does it shed any light on this ?

BTW, chassis B9473720 clearly has the seam and no indication of bodywork in
that area.

Thanks

Steve