Re: [Tigers] Gauge Cleaning

To: "Lynn Wall" <cars@wt-inc.com>, "Steve Sage" <fastsage@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gauge Cleaning
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:53:58 -0600
The haze might be volatile stuff from the paint you use on the needles
interacting with the O-ring rubber in the gauges, or it might be that
crud that evaporates out of Armorall or similar vinyl "protectants".
Make sure you let your gauge needles bake out for a day or two before
you reassemble them, and eliminate any of the old rubber parts behind
the gauge glass - replace it with O-rings or high density foam.

Theo