Re: [Tigers] Gauge Cleaning

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gauge Cleaning
From: Larry Allbritton <larryall@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:33:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Steve
What is the paint that you are using on the pointers?  Is it a solvent based
or water based paint?  Although I have not had to clean the gauge lenses nor
redo the needle paint I was wondering if perhaps there is some outgassing
occurring from the paint and or cleaner that you are using.  If I had to take
the lenses out to clean I would probably let them set out in the open for a
while like maybe a week to let any outgassing complete its task.  Same thing
with the painting of the pointers I would leave them out for a few/several
days to get any outgassing gone.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Larry

Message: 1