Re: [Tigers] proper engine color

To: <achd73@yahoo.com>, "'Beamclub'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] proper engine color
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:01:17 -0400
Thanks TonytheTiger

I would like to figure this one out.   I believe the B19KC engines started
out painted black and then switched to Ford blue.

To determine this I would need the following information for B19KC engines:

1       all the numbers on the aluminum Ford engine tag
2       the engine build date code; the #s and letters on the machined pad
in front of the left cyl head
3       the current color of the block and whether or not you think it is
original
4       you can include the Tiger serial # if you want; I'm not that
concerned about that number

Also any MKII owners; your engine code is either A11KK or A22KK, if you have
the original Ford engine tag I would like to know all the #s on the tag to
confirm I can decipher this history in a meaningful way.

Send the information off line if you prefer.

I will try to sort it all out and report a summary to the list.

Thanks for your help

Ron Fraser