Re: [Tigers] proper engine color

To: "'Tod Brown'" <todbrown@roadrunner.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] proper engine color
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:41:45 -0400
        DE1606 is the color the Mustang catalogs list for the blocks.
The other Ford blue colors are for valve covers and such which is not a
concern with Tigers.

The short poll I took about the Color of B19KC blocks came back mostly Ford
Blue but there are a couple of Black entries.

This makes me wonder if Ford cut in the Corporate Blue during this block of
engines; I have not pieced that together.
It is possible more clues are in the Ford micro films that Norm shows on his
web site.

Here is what is know;

Ford Corporate Blue was used for the 1966 model year, previously the engine
blocks were painted black.
The 66 model year for production starts in July or August 1965 to have 66
models ready for sale in September.
Ford put Rev level 9 on the aluminum engine tags which seems to correspond
with the color change.

Tiger engine code B19KC = February 19, 1965
The first B19KC engine listed in TBON has a Tiger build date of Aug 14,1965
and this build of engines lasts to the end of the MKI build, Dec 30, 1966.

The question here would be; were any of the B19KC engines built during the
Ford change over period or later and did they switch to Ford Blue Paint?

This is where the engine tag numbers and the engine build date code become
important to decipher this.

I truly do not know if there is an absolute answer for this but it is
interesting to me.

Does that make me a TRIVIA GEEK???

Ron Fraser