[Tigers] Any ideas?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Any ideas?
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 23:08:09 EDT
I took my engine out and have it in a local shop.  A rattling  noise had
appeared and it seemed to be coming from the passenger side  rockers.  Cover
was
removed and everything found to be fine.  So  engine out.
The engine is a 302 stroked to 331. Hydraulic cam and roller  rockers.  The
rattling is heard at idle, but can't be heard when revved a  little. The pan
is
off and all the bottom end appears normal. The intake is off  and everything
that can be seen appears okay.  Any ideas of what could be  causing the noise?
They did find that there is more end play than there should  be but doesn't
appear that this is causing the noise.
The wrench guy heard that sometimes Centerforce clutches can create  a
rattling noise. Centerforce tech guys say they never heard of it, but some
on-line
mechanics say that they've found that they can  rattle.
Any thoughts of what could cause the noise?
Mark
no registration required and great graphics b check it out!