Re: [Tigers] Any ideas?

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Any ideas?
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:59:34 -0700 (PDT)
I have seen the Centerforce rattle thing somewhere on the web, but can't
confirm it. I had one in a IH Scout a long time ago and never really like the
idea of the weights, just didn't seem right. Never had a problem with it
however.

Did you also check other things in that area? Throw out
bearing, trans pilot bearing, things hitting or rattling with the motor while
at idle when it might be a bit rough i.e., clutch linkage, exhaust. Also
lifters and rockers. Cam thrustplate, etc.

All speculation, but easy to start
with the pressure plate, I think you can remove the weights pretty easy, if
they have an engine stand they could fire it and see without it being in the
car. Given that it's a pain to pull it might be worth finding a dyno to get it
going and save the put in pull out exercise if you can spare the $$.

Sandy