[Tigers] Gauge accuracy issues

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Gauge accuracy issues
From: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:06:16 -0500
The post on speedo cable got me to thinking about this.

Both my tach and speedo function, but both report wrong. Tach is clearly too
high
while speedo is clearly too low. Both are proper Jaeger instruments. The tach
is regularly 1k to 1.5k too high. The speedo will report anywhere from 45mph to
55 mph when actual speed is in the 65mph area. Interesting also that the
odometer is correct even though the speedo is wrong.

Fixing this is not very high on my priority list but was interested in
suggestions.
The odometer being correct would indicate that the speedo cable is probably
correct right ?  Is this just a gauge calibration issue ?

Thanks

Steve R
B9473720