Re: [Tigers] FlowMaster too loud?

To: "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>, Steve Laifman
Subject: Re: [Tigers] FlowMaster too loud?
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:29:14 -0800 (PST)
The thing that aggervates me the most is that 18 wheelers make a ton louder
noise but the Officer person picks on the sports car/hot rod person- maybe
because he is going thru residential sections as opposed to main highways. Ive
read all this discussion about mufflers. I still have an orginal set of Tiger
exhaust. They couldnt be used, Im sure but Ive saved them to be used as
templates. One thing I remember tho is that the exhaust had a sweet . tuned
sound. It wasnt loud but had a nice throaty sound./ A larger cammed engine made
the sound even nicer to hear, especially when downshifting as during hard
braking to assist the Tiger to stop in time. I have no idea if a stock type
exhaust is still available. The one i have was purchased in the mid- maybe even
early 70s. I dont remember where it was ordered from but it matched the stock
exhaust that was rusting out on the 1A I was driving at the time. Here in
southern IL. we have a ton of Harleys( Im sure
 thats the same everywhere) and many of the older models, including mine have
drag pipes or even the baffles removed from stock mufflers- they are loud but
that Officer guy doesnt mess with anyone. Im sure on ocassion some ate up
officer checks for baffl;es etc but Ive not heard of anyone in southern Il.
getting a ticket for loud exhaust. Of course we still dont have car inspection
or smog inspections like you guys on the wrong coast BUT Im sure our day is
coming.
regards to the LIST.
TonytheTiger